The awards keep coming in and we are truly honored. Over the last couple of weeks, Citizen has been able to add some new pieces of hardware to our shelves both in the U.S. and in Canada. From campaigns on fire alarms to Cheeto dust, our work keeps on delivering and we’re incredibly thankful. Read on to learn how we stacked up at the PRSA Big Apple Awards and the Media Innovation Awards.
PRSA Big Apple Awards
The PRSA Big Apple Awards are known as a celebration of “influence, integrity, and innovation”. Citizen’s campaign for Kidde, “Cause for Alarm ” took home wins in the categories of Targeted Marketing Group-Multicultural Public Relations and Public Service.
Black Americans are nearly twice as likely to die in a house fire compared to individuals of another race. The launch of Kidde’s Cause For Alarm initiative highlighted fire safety inequities in America, sparked imperative conversations, and offered educational materials and safety devices to those in need. Receiving this accolade helps to bring even further awareness to this vital cause. A thank you to the judges and congratulations to all teams involved.
- Targeted Marketing Group- Multicultural Public Relations
- Public Service- A. Business
Media Innovation Awards
Over in Canada, Citizen had an exciting night at the Media Innovation Awards taking home eight awards in total. Both campaigns Cheetle in Cheadle for PepsiCo. and ReclaimYourName.dic for Elimin8Hate took home gold awards. They went on to win 1 bronze and 3 silvers respectively. Cheetle in Cheadle’s gold win at the MIAs has broken new ground as the category of Planning with Purpose is new for the 2023 award season. Rounding out the award wins was Coast Capital’s Talk Money to Me campaign taking home 1 silver and 1 bronze award.
As its name suggests, the Media Innovation Awards honor campaigns that show how media continues to evolve the way brands are built. Honorees are showcased for their creativity and effective solutions that drive results for the brand. Another round of applause for the teams represented in these wins!
2 Gold Awards:
- Planning with Purpose for ReclaimYourName.dic
- Best Disruption for Cheetle in Cheadle
4 Silver Awards:
- Best in Experiential/Stunts – Budget Under $100,000 for Cheetle in Cheadle
- Best in OOH Platforms – Budget Under $100,000 for Cheetle in Cheadle
- Best in Consumer Goods for Cheetle in Cheadle
- Best in Finance and Services for Talk Money to Me
2 Bronze Award:
- Best in Niche Targeting for ReclaimYourName.dic
- Best use of influencer for Talk Money to Me