From my time in this business, one thing that I know for sure is that our industry gets even more creative when in uncharted territory.
It is clear that maintaining healthy teams, families, businesses and communities is a top priority, today and every day. We are committed to doing our part to slow the spread of COVID-19, because we truly are all in this together.
At Citizen, since last Thursday, that means:
- Having our teams work from home and setting them up to do so in a way that ensures data protection and security.
- Cancelling all travel and moving in-person meetings to digital channels or conference calls.
- Reminding people to self-isolate if they are sick, and encouraging them to do so if anyone in their immediate circle is sick too.
- Providing access to health support, both mental and physical, to our teams and their families through their benefits.
- Making accommodations to support families through school closures and those who are caring for elderly relatives or who may have loved ones who are currently abroad.
- Monitoring the situation in real time and adapting our policies to comply with government and health organizations’ recommendations.
- Setting up a task force that connects daily to review the changing situation and our response, as well as sharing best practices and learnings from our global network.
- Communicating regularly and transparently with our teams and stakeholders.
- Serving clients to the highest standard and making decisions to ensure that this continues.
I'm proud of what I’ve seen across the country in the past week - our teams are using creativity to adapt strategies to client’s evolving needs. They are reinventing our models to transition a traditionally in-person creative process to a virtual one. They are helping and supporting one another every single day, in ways big and small.
I’m proud of what I have seen around the world, from displays of gratitude for tireless healthcare and public workers to the impromptu singalongs that keep people connected in Italy.
There is no doubt that we will have many challenges to face in the coming weeks and months. Challenges we can’t yet foresee. But we will meet these challenges head on, by working together, and by doing our part for the betterment of our communities and businesses, and society at large.